Natural remedy: Waren thermal salt water
A touch of nature
Therapy with Waren thermal salt water
A fast-paced life, sensory overload, environmental pollution, lack of exercise and an unhealthy diet are causing more and more “lifestyle diseases” – and many of these are triggered by stress. The healing properties of salt have been known for centuries and it is now being used again for everyday relaxation. For ages, people have attributed positive and soothing effects to salty sea air.
A gem deep in the earth
An underground “sea” 1,500 metres below the Müritz is decisively influenced by two salt domes with regard to its composition and quality. This “sea” of thermal salt water contains iodine. Geological shifts within the layers of earth 210 to 200 million years ago sealed this “sea” in a layer of clay, which means the salt water is not subject to external environmental influences and thus it has retained its original purity to this day.
The highly saturated thermal salt water is extracted in Waren (Müritz) with a salt content of 16% and at a temperature of approximately 60 °C.
Natural “fountain of youth”
Salt is considered a natural “fountain of youth”; the precious minerals are anti-inflammatory, revitalize the skin and soothe the respiratory tract. The therapeutic and iodine-containing salt waters are used in the following ways: Special baths (salt content 4 to 16%), thermal salt water therapy pool (salt content 4%), thermal salt water flotation pool (salt content 16%), salt water nebulization and salt water gradation room as well as a drinking fountain. In combination with UV irradiation, this special salt-containing water has the same benefits as a visit to the Dead Sea – skin rejuvenation, relaxation, enhanced well-being and strengthened immune system.
Respiratory diseases (such as asthma and bronchitis)
- Stimulation of blood circulation in the lungs, decongestation of the mucous membranes and anti-inflammation, dissolution of secretions and damping of coughing
Musculoskeletal system diseases (such as rheumatism, arthritis and degenerative changes of the spinal column)
- The dissolved salts react with the skin and cause vessels to dilate. This relaxes the muscles and joints and alleviates pain over time, which ultimately improves mobility.
Burnout, signs of exhaustion
Skin disorders (such as eczema and psoriasis)
- Antibacterial effect and secretion drainage
Also effective for:
- Digestive disorders,
- Metabolic disorders,
- Weak immune systems and circulatory instability
- For allergy desensitization
- Infections or open cracks in the skin – no bath therapies
- Cardiovascular diseases – no bath therapies
- Acute and organic digestive tract disorders
- Severe renal or hepatic dysfunction
- Acute psychosis and seizures